Certified Tracking Solutions – Edmonton, AB
The Business Director, Government, Municipalities and Public Works will manage relationships across all levels of our Municipality Customers and Prospective Customers. A prime focus will be helping our company expand our industry leading position in Alberta across all of North America. In this role, you will direct the efforts of a cross departmental team consisting of Sales Associates, Customer Success Associates and Department Heads to ensure that we are building, marketing and selling solutions that our Customers will love. You will have significant experience working with Municipalities and Government agencies of all sizes. This role will help manage all aspects of our Municipal accounts; including: product development, sales opportunities, hardware and software roll outs, customer satisfaction, and facilitating training and technical support as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build relationships at multiple levels and in multiple departments (3 wide / 3 deep) in existing Government, Municipalities and Public Works customers as well as targeted prospective customers across North America.
- Lead the development of this category for the company.
- Work with the CTO and team; help drive the direction of the strategic product development initiatives.
- With the Director of Customer Success, be instrumental in the design and execution of the customer’s journey with the company.
- Coordinate technical and development resource requirements of Government, Municipalities and Public Works and act as the customer champion internally to facilitate this work.
- Partner with the Marketing Organization to drive product and service demand. Help deliver solutions that delight our customers.
- Professionally represent the company in all business engagements.
- Consistently document sales, customer success, service and other activity in CRM software.
- Help with account mapping activities; including, reporting on existing customer staff and relevant hierarchy.
- Be familiar with the use of marketing automation software and support it as required.
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure proper sales process execution.
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and yearly KPI’s.
- Help gain competitive market intelligence.
- Mine existing customers for same account revenue growth opportunities.
- Follow industry trends in Government and Municipalities and help identify new opportunities where appropriate.
- Manage Government tendering process as required.
- Help the municipalities write Government grants submissions.
- Support the Customer survey process as required.
- Attend relevant service and product training sessions.
- Act as an industry subject matter expert.
- Phone & customer surveys – help support follow up call campaigns, any specific customer surveys.
- Manage RFX processes as required. Engage team members to support responses when necessary.
- Find and represent the company at industry trade shows and conferences. Engage other team members for support where required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required
- Government industry knowledge
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Oral presentation skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Time Management
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with the broader operational support and SME teams
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks
Required Qualifications at this Level
- University degree or equivalent technical certification.
- Previous experience in relevant industries.
- 5 or more years experience in similar position.
- Experience with CRM and marketing automation software.
- Industry knowledge.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
The intent of this job description is to provide someone who wants to learn and has drive to do a professional job with types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Certified Tracking Solutions is a leader in the GPS Tracking and Fleet Management industry. Using our advanced, cloud-based user interface, we provide solutions for customers in various industries around the world. Our success can be attributed to our dedicated employees, attention to detail, and our commitment to customer loyalty.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.