Certified Tracking Solutions – Edmonton, AB
We are looking for a passionate and talented Junior Software Developer to join our team at Certified Tracking Solutions.
You will be responsible for new feature development and maintenance of our cloud-based SaaS solution and mobile applications. You will take part throughout the entire software development life cycle, from requirement gathering, design, to solution deployment and support. This role asks for creative thinking, collaboration, and the passion for delivering great software solutions.
- Work collaboratively with team lead and other team members on solution development of both the web applications and mobile applications.
- Build prototypes to gather early feedback from key stakeholders.
- Work with team lead to define solution requirements and translate those requirements into functional solutions.
- Develop new solution features using development best practices.
- Investigate and apply latest technologies to maximize system performance and future scalability.
- Participate in Agile development process and contribute to process improvement.
- Provide software support to both internal and external users.
Experience, Skills, & Abilities Required
- Experience developing fault-tolerant, responsive, object-oriented Web applications using ASP.NET, C#, XML, and JSON data formatting
- Experience with RESTful API design and development
- Experience with SQL Server, T-SQL, and SQL Server performance tuning
- Experience with the Google Maps API
- Experience with large volume, real-time high availability database-backed systems
- Experience with the entire software development life cycle from design, development, test, deploy, release to support
- Experience with Agile software development with Scrum
- Experience with software development best practices, including CI, CD, Test Automation, etc.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment to deliver high quality work in a timely fashion
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with mobile applications development (iOS or Android) will be a strong asset
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
- University degree or Technical Diploma in the field of Computer Science, Information Technology or Software Engineering.
Certified Tracking Solutions is a leader in the GPS tracking and fleet management industry. Through our cloud-based online services and custom hardware, we provide solutions for customers in various industries all over the world. Our success can be attributed to our dedicated employees, attention to detail, and our commitment to customer loyalty.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary and benefits. For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that because face-to-face collaboration is required, the developer must be able to work in our Edmonton office. No outsourcing inquiries please.