Certified Tracking Solutions – Edmonton, AB
As the Software Solution Architect, you will be responsible for leading the current and future architecture design of our cloud-based SaaS solution and mobile applications. You will analyze current technologies used within the company and determine ways to improve, and be continually researching emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed. This role asks for creative thinking, collaboration, and the passion for delivering great software solutions.
- Building and integrating information systems to meet the company’s needs.
- Assessing the systems architecture currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions for future improvement.
- Create and implement architecture design with resilience, scalability, and performance.
- Resolving technical problems as they arise.
- Providing technical guidance to development teams.
- Continually researching current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed.
- Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices have.
- Providing updates to stakeholders on product development processes, costs, and budgets.
- Participate in Agile development process and contribute to process improvement.
Experience, Skills, & Abilities Required
- Previous experience in engineering and software architecture design.
- Proven track record with large volume, real-time high availability enterprise solution design and implementation.
- Solid background with big data and cloud infrastructure.
- Expertise in C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, and IIS.
- Considerable experience with RESTful API design and development.
- Strong experience with SQL Server, T-SQL, and SQL Server performance tuning.
- Extensive experience with the entire software development life cycle from design, development, test, deploy, release to support.
- Proficiency with Agile software development with Scrum.
- Familiarity and experience with software development best practices, including CI, CD, Test Automation, etc.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment to deliver high quality work in a timely fashion.
- Developed multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with mobile applications development (iOS or Android) will be a strong asset.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
Certified Tracking Solutions is a leader in the GPS tracking and fleet management industry. Through our cloud-based online services and custom hardware, we provide solutions for customers in various industries all over the world. Our success can be attributed to our dedicated employees, attention to detail, and our commitment to customer loyalty.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary and benefits. For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Note that because face-to-face collaboration is required, the developer must be able to work in our Edmonton office. No outsourcing inquiries please.