Certified Tracking Solutions – Edmonton, AB
As a critical member of our Customer Success team, the Technical Project Manager works directly with our clients to deliver on post-sales success for customized versions of our product. You will coordinate all client engagement activities and will be responsible for defining and managing the scope of those customized projects from requirements gathering through successful implementation. You will work with our sales, development and hardware engineering teams to translate those requirements into a time-based project plan.
The Technical Project Manager then operates from a high-level view of the plan to ensure that all departments are coordinated and can meet any agreed upon timeframes. They should know the status of the project at any time and keep the client up to date.
Ultimately, a top-notch Technical Project Manager enhances our client experience by successfully coordinating each project to ensure that all requirements of the project have been met, and that our clients are happy with the outcome.
- Conducts client discovery calls with Sales Representatives once a client requires a specialized hardware and/or software solution.
- Dive into the details and understand the project from all angles.
- Coordinate with the development and hardware engineering teams to define and understand what will be needed from each department.
- Develops the projects Scope of Work and is accountable for building and maintaining an ongoing Project Management Plan.
- Delivering presentations on customized solutions to the client.
- Provide solution related responses to customer technical questions along the way.
- Responsible for project management related activities for assigned projects including scope, time, cost, communication etc.
- Provide weekly status updates and actively participate in planning meetings.
- Completing post-project follow-ups with the client to ensure the customized solution has met their requirements.
- Developing relationships and maintaining customer relations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, IT, Project Management or equivalent.
- Min 5 years experience in related industry with at least 3 years in the project management domain.
- Proven track record in successfully managing projects through complete hardware/software development lifecycle.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with business hardware and software systems.
- Technically minded and open to learning new technology.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- High-level communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
Experience and Proficiency
- Presenting ideas in a clean, user-friendly way.
- Requirements gathering.
- Problem solving.
- Working effectively and efficiently with a team.
- Conflict management.
- Presentation skills.
- Customer management skills.
- Time management.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Clear and concise verbal/written communication.
- Working with and understanding technology.
Nice to haves
- Working knowledge of Canadian cellular industry
- Experience with IOT
- Experience with Fleet Management and Telematics
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Certified Tracking Solutions is a leader in the GPS Tracking and Fleet Management industry. Using our advanced, cloud-based user interface, we provide solutions for customers in various industries all over the world. Our success can be attributed to our dedicated employees, attention to detail, and our commitment to customer loyalty. Our compensation package includes salary and benefits. For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent